Residents of a town in Illinois have been evacuated after a freight train carrying ethanol derailed and exploded.
Around 800 people from the town of Tiskilwa left their homes as investigators struggled to get close to the burning wreckage.
No injuries are reported.
- National, state inspectors investigate Tiskilwa derailment site – Chicago Tribune (news.google.com)
- Illinois train explosion: How safe are ethanol tankers? (csmonitor.com)
- Fire from Illinois train derailment contained (cbc.ca)
- Video: Fiery Train Derailment Leads to Evacuation of Illinois Town (newsfeed.time.com)
- Freight Train Derailment in Illinois Prompts Evacuations (foxnews.com)
- Residents evacuate Ill. village after derailment (cbsnews.com)
- Ill. town evacuated after train derails, explodes (msnbc.msn.com)
- Fiery Train Derailment in Ill. Leads to Evacuation (abcnews.go.com)
- Fiery train derailment in Ill. leads to evacuation (sfgate.com)
- Illinois Town Evacuated Following Fiery Train Derailment (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)